If you’re searching for a wholesome and delicious snack that’s easy to make and satisfies your sweet cravings, look no further. These Delightful Maple, Date, and Walnut Oat Bars with Craisins and Raisins are a perfect combination of natural sweetness and delightful textures. Plus, they’re a vegan recipe, making them suitable for those with dietary preferences. So, let’s dive into this scrumptious recipe!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (or your choice of flour)
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- A pinch of salt
- Optional: cinnamon or vanilla extract for added flavor
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (for sweetness)
1. Preheat Your Oven: Start by setting your oven to 180°C (350°F) to ensure it’s preheated and ready to go when your mixture is prepared.
2. Blend Dates, Walnuts, and Maple Syrup: In a food processor, combine the pitted dates, walnuts, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Blend them until they form a sticky mixture. This combination will serve as the sweet and nutty base of your oat bars.
3. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, craisins, raisins, and a pinch of salt. If you’d like to enhance the flavor, consider adding a dash of cinnamon or a drop of vanilla extract. This step ensures all your dry ingredients are well combined.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Now, it’s time to bring everything together. Add the date, walnut, and maple syrup blend to your bowl of dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is evenly combined. You’ll notice the natural sweetness from the dates, the nuttiness from the walnuts, and the added sweetness from the maple syrup blending harmoniously with the oats and dried fruits.
5. Press into a Baking Tray: Line a baking tray with parchment paper. This will prevent your oat bars from sticking to the tray. Spread the mixture evenly in the tray, pressing it down firmly to ensure it’s compact and holds together when baked.
6. Bake to Perfection: Place your tray in the preheated oven and let it bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned. This baking time allows the flavors to meld together and creates a perfect texture.
7. Cool and Slice: Once your oat bars are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely. This step is essential to ensure they hold their shape when sliced. Once cooled, use a sharp knife to cut them into individual portions.
These delightful maple, date, and walnut oat bars with craisins and raisins are a delightful snack that can be enjoyed anytime. They strike a balance between sweet and nutritious, thanks to the natural fruit sugars, the nuttiness of walnuts, and the added sweetness of maple syrup. Plus, the craisins and raisins provide bursts of flavor and chewiness that make these bars truly irresistible.
So, whether you’re following a vegan lifestyle or simply looking for a healthy and tasty snack, give this recipe a try. It’s not only delicious but also a testament to the beauty of simple and wholesome ingredients coming together to create something extraordinary.
Enjoy your delightful maple, date, and walnut oat bars with craisins and raisins, and savor every bite of this homemade goodness!